Friday, October 14, 2011

Orlando Trip

I have been traveling for work and I will soon be traveling for personal reasons, which you can expect to see tons from whenever I get home.  I am currently in Orlando for work.  I have been here a few times and I have still never entered a park.  Boring.  Oh well, that's how work goes.  I have to mention a few things from this trip. 


On my way to Orlando, I was delayed and delayed and delayed.  It was awful.  But I did meet some very interesting people.  Two extremely southern women.  100% sweet and wonderful.  My favorite thing about traveling is meeting the people.  The first lady I met in Arkansas at 5:30AM waiting for our delayed flight.  She was super hilarious.  Told me about her kids and husband.  She knew a million other travelers and had something to say about each one.  There was a young man who was friends who her son, and she told me he just broke up with his girlfriend.  Then she told me how sweet and wonderful this young man was and how it is so great that he got away from that crazy snooty girl.  She definitely made my morning.  On my connection I was sitting next to a lovely couple from Tyler, Texas.  They were older and coming to Orlando to meet their children and grandchild for a week at Disney.  Too cute.  She was so excited about spending time with that grandchild, who was 4 years old.  Her husband was also very sweet and he walked with a cane and then had a wheelchair.  Wonderful sweet people, who just made my delays much more doable.  


I have to say one disappointing thing that occur once we landed in Orlando.  The sweet older couple asked if I wanted to get out of my seat and walk in front of them, since he would have to take it slow getting off the plane.  We were in row 8, so really not a big deal.  I was in no hurry, so I told them they go ahead, it wouldn't bother me.  There was a lady who sat two rows behind us, who somehow was right behind the older man.  As they walked up a little I stepped out in front of her to grab my bag and she ran into me.  I gave her this look of you need to slowdown lady.  She made some nasty comment to me about oh I guess you can go in front of me.  You guess???  Seriously have a little respect people.  I was glad I stepped in front of her, because she might have run over the nice older man walking with his canes.  If you fly slowdown, you aren't going to get somewhere any faster than the person in front of you.  Be aware of the people around you, before you run over someone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.