Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DIY Project

I feel like I have been very productive since coming back from skiing.  Work has been crazy busy.  I am finally getting back into the swing of things after the holidays and vacation.  In the sales world everything kind of halts during the holidays, so it has been great getting back into things.  


Prior to our trip to Crested Butte we received a new coffee table and end tables.  This prompted me to want some new coasters.  I actually have been looking for some everywhere.  I found some in Hawaii I loved but they were $8 each.  They were amazing but I just can't see paying that for something my cups will sit on.  I was telling my friend Megan about how I wanted some new coasters and she suggested I make my own.  I thought it was probably a great idea and I started searching on Pinterest.  I found out several different ways to make coasters, some with photographs and some with paper.  


Last night I was feeling crafty, and decided to make my own coasters while watching the Bachelor.  I was planning on going to Lowe's after work to pick up some tile and then remembered I had some little tile in our attic.  New house = leftover tile.  I actually grabbed my purse and keys, gave Gabby a treat, and went to the car where I realized I forgot my sunglasses.  I ran back in the house as the alarm is beeping grabbed my sunglasses and as I ran out to the car I discovered someone really wanted to go for a ride in the car.  In the ciaos of getting my sunglasses and getting out the door before the alarm went off, my dog got in the car and I realized I had tile in the attic.  I felt bad for Gabby, since I didn't need to leave right then, so I decided to take her to Sonic and get gas in my car.  


Could you have said no to this face?
After her little car ride, my friend Megan had made it to my house and went with me to Hobby Lobby.  We picked out some paper we really liked and got mod podge.  It is a project with limited supplies needed, so it was a quick trip to Hobby Lobby.  We ordered pizza and headed back the house.  Pizza, crafting, and Bachelor...oh so fun.  I should point out that I am not a big Bachelor fan but my friend Megan is a big fan, so I crafted and she watched the Bachelor.  In the two hours of the Bachelor I finished my coasters.  Check out my finished project.  If you want the directions of how to make the coasters this is the site I used...DIY Coasters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.