Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gift Idea Part 2

As I said yesterday I worked really hard trying to come up with gift ideas, so today I am going to tell you one that is easy and cute for a girl.  I got this idea from my cousin’s little girl’s room.  She is very girly and has a million hair bows.  So, I was over at there house and notice the super cute hair bow board in Ava’s room.  I looked at it very close and decided I could EASILY do this.  So here is a how to on hair bow boards for you. 

Supplies

  • Canvas (I used a 16x20)
  • Fabric
  • Ribbon
  • Hooks
  • Staple Gun

I went and got supplies at Hobby Lobby, and I bought the extra fabric bundle.  I planned on making more than one of these since both pregnant friends are having girls.  The fabric bundle was the perfect size at 18x21.  I had lots of choices which made picking the fabric hard.  I laid the fabric and stretched it over one side at a time and stapled it to the wood.  Once every side is stapled down I measured out and stapled down the ribbon.  The ribbon doesn’t need to be too tight.  Each column is about 2 inches apart.  I added a ribbon to hang the board from but that isn’t necessary.  It could be hung the same way any canvas is hung.  I would recommend taking a hammer to all the staples to ensure they are flat. 

I am so sorry, I didn’t take progress pictures.  But here is what the two I made looked like.  Also, add hooks to the bottom for the headbands to hang.  I added 4 hooks to the bottom of each of these.  It will be perfect for keeping hair accessories organized.   

IMG_0845IMG_0846I also ordered some hair bows for this board.  It is her first baby and first girl, so a girl can never have enough bows.IMG_0869 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.