Monday, August 11, 2014

Busy, Fun Weekend

We had a very fun, but busy weekend. Friday night we went down to Fayetteville to visit some friends. We were minus one kiddo, but the two that were left had a blast. We played, ate dinner, the kids went fishing, stayed up “late”, and we just had easy night of adult time…with two toddlers. Driving down the interstate the 20 minutes to our friends house, was very entertaining. Mason was petting Gabby the whole time, which was so sweet. While driving I noticed a guy driving, drinking a Smirnoff ice. I was disturbed by this and told my husband we should have snapped a picture. First, drinking and driving…BAD!!! Second, what MAN drinks Smirnoff Ice!!!
IMG_20140808_164947Mason caught his first fish with his Daddy Friday night. Michael said he actually reeled it in and then proceeded to swing the rod around crazy child. Obviously Daddy is more excited in this picture than Mason. IMG_1052
On Saturday, I had an appointment in Fort Smith, where my parents live. I took Mason and drove down for the day. I wanted to give Michael some time to work on a project he has been wanting to do for me all summer. Nana gives the best snacks and the best snuggles. We left a little earlier than expected when we had a break in the storm that popped up in the afternoon. Poor Papaw didn’t get as much time as Nana.  20140809_142010Here is my new 8ft box for all the pool supplies. This is the first full summer with the pool, and I realized early on that we needed something to store all the toys, tubes, and kreepy krauly supplies. I found directions to make a box and my husband agreed it would be my Mother’s Day present. It is August and it is Complete! A few months late, but we are busy people, so I will take it!!20140810_112110Just needs a few more touches. I am thinking about getting some yellow cushions for the top to make it like a bench for sitting. I might wait until everything summer goes on sale or wait until beginning of next summer. 20140810_201728
On Sunday, Mason took a 4 hour nap! 4 HOURS!!! This was after he slept in until 8AM! Must be growing. Michael, Gabby, and I spent the entire afternoon by the pool. Gabby loves this time with her Mama and Dada. 20140810_141356Come back into the pool Mom! I am ready. I got my second, third wind. 20140810_143135I am laying out, watching the hubby and Gabby play. The goal was to get some water out of the pool from the rain. Gabby helped a lot.  20140810_143719After Mason, FINALLY woke up from this nap, and came out to swim with his Daddy and sister. I got a video of them all jumping into the water together. Gabby last to go rescue everyone else. If only she was really helping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.