Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Day…Never Forget

September 11th is a date my generation will forever remember.  It is similar to the day JFK was shot or the day of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.  We will remember what we were doing, where we were, and how we felt.

I was in high school.  A senior.  I was at school early that morning for band practice.  I called my mom before school started to ask her for a favor when she told me that we needed to turn on the TV.  The band was outside on the field, but I was inside with the color guard and majorettes.  We grabbed a TV and turned it on.  We saw the second plane hit.  I remember the rest of the day every classroom had a TV on and we saw the towers fall and the news coverage of the day.  It was scary and sad day filled with uncertainty.  I remember realizing the skyline I had seen firsthand a few years prior was gone.  I will never forget that day.

Michael and I will be going to NYC in a few weeks.  We are going to the 9-11 memorial site and it will be hard to be there and remember.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.