Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mason 18 Months

20140710_084151_5

Weight: At the doctor this morning he weighed in at 27.3lbs (85%). A few weeks ago I could have sworn he was closer to 28.

Height: Mason is 34” tall (92%). He is so tall. He is wearing 2T or 24 month clothing. 2T says for heights 33-36” I cannot image putting his skinny little booty in 3T pants this winter, so I am hoping he slows down just a little.

Eats: Mason is my little piglet. He eat anything and loves to taste everything. He will at least try food. This week he had catfish and hushpuppies for the first time. I dip my hushpuppies into ketchup and so Mason wanted to do it too. He is now addicted to ketchup. I see a future where he will want it on everything!

What he is enjoying: Playing outside. He cannot get enough of the outdoors. It is great. I would rather have a kid who wants to be outside then one who hates the outdoors. We got Mason a playset and he wants to swing daily. He gets in his wagon and wants to take a walk around the block. He is also loving waving at people. If we are in the front yard he will wave at cars and people walking. I have started calling him my little politician.

Teeth: 15 teeth. Wow. It is a new tooth each month. I cannot believe it. He just cut a bottom k-9 and I am expecting the other to come in by next month. Then we will have to endure the awful 2 yr molars.

Talking: Mason is becoming so chatty. I love it and expect no less. He has talkative parents. His sentences are becoming longer and more clear. Since we are working to fully rid ourselves of his paci I hear a lot…I want my paci. My favorite things he says is Thank You or Tank Ou and Please or Peese. Most adorable thing to hear. The other morning I was making him a cup of milk when he first woke up in the kitchen and he brought me his paci and kept saying Tank ou Tank ou until I handed him his milk and took the paci. This kid will have manner it is the last thing I do.

What’s new this month? Mason has been asking a lot What’s that and point. He is curious. When we are in the car and a distraction technic I say I SEE A TREE…And he will repeat I see tree or sign or bird. Now he will say I see I see…it is fun. We also say Hi and Bye to cars as they drive by. We know about a million different animal noises. I am running out of ideas. I told Michael if it wasn’t for the books we read at night, I would be at a loss for ideas to teach him. He is a sponge and I want him to soak up every ounce of ideas and learning.

Isn’t he adorable at Target?20140713_105703

Mama’s big helper!! He loves to vacuum. 20140713_093921-MOTION

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.