Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Random

Today feels like a completely random day. My head is not on right or something.

  • I finished another book over the weekend. I cried like a big huge baby. Michael totally made fun of me, which makes crying over a book that much worse. It also makes it worse when it ends and you start having weird horrible dreams because of the way it ended. I keep telling myself it wasn’t real, it was a story, but I was a little to into the story. I am slowly moving on from it…I promise.
  • I have been completely project crazy lately. Two rooms have been painted, I purchased a new chair for the living room, I finished decorating Mason’s room by adding curtains that my Mom sewed for us, and I am itching to do more. I have a problem with sitting still.
  • I let Mason do some full body painting over the weekend. Naked…diaper painting is the best! He loved it. I just took the hose to him after he was done. Easy clean up is the best. Pretty sure I had more paint on me then he had on him.

Painting_07_19_2014_5290.NEFPainting_07_19_2014_5299.NEF

  • We finalized and booked our next vacation!! I am soooo excited. I cannot wait until the trip to St. Thomas which will be in September. I don’t think we are going to take our little man. I told myself the next vacation this year he was going to come. We went skiing without him and Vegas without him, and now the beach. We are being completely selfish in not taking him. Dinners baby free…adventures…snorkeling…fishing. Taking a baby to do those things is just too difficult. He will go with his sister to Grandma’s house for the week. I know he will have a blast and so will we, but I am having a little anxiety about the whole thing. We are waiting to hear if our friend might go with us, if he doesn’t then we might take Grandma with us and bring Mason.  Here is a picture from our last trip to the Caribbean.

DSC_0425

  • I am trying to get beach ready. After having a baby your body just is not the same. I ran and swam today! I have been swimming laps daily. It honestly feels great. I forget how good I feel after a good workout. It definitely doesn’t come as easy as pre-baby. I am proud of how I look post baby, but it is definitely not the same as pre-baby. I want to make sure I stay healthy for my two boys and that is the most important thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.