Monday, January 18, 2016

Ski Trip Part 1

We are baaaaccckkkk! I am so happy to be home with my baby girl, and also so glad we had such a fun trip to Colorado with Mason. I am going to break up our trip to prevent video and photo overload!!

Mason was so excited to ride on an airplane. I knew he would do great...no tears. I was worried since we weren't taking a car seat that he would struggle to stay in his seat. I told him the flight attendants would kick us off the plane and call the police if he didn't wear his seatbelt. It definitely helped. I told him they were the bosses and would tell us what to do. 


Oh to be a kid and be able to sleep anywhere and any position. Our first flight to Dallas was cancelled due to maintenance. I am very disappointed in how American Airlines handled everything for us. I knew I would miss our connection and it was the ONLY flight to Gunnison that day. Before we got off the plane I was on the phone with an Agent. She was the dumbest person I have ever dealt with at AA. First, I wanted us on the next flight to DFW just in case our flight to Gunny was delayed. She said oh I have seats for you, but then told me we had a lap child, which I told her no there are 3 of us with seats. She kept saying it won't let me because you have a lap child. I almost screamed at her in the middle of the airport saying I DON'T HAVE A LAP CHILD I have a 3 yr old! Needless to say we didn't get on that flight and yes our Gunny flight was delayed and we would have made it. Once we were to Dallas, they told me they wouldn't comp our room in a hotel because they could get us to Aspen, which is 48 miles from Crested Butte. I tried to explain to the Agents that it is 48 miles as the crow flies. It is a 5 hour drive. They didn't care. Hey, we can get you in the same state, so therefore we won't pay for your hotel room. GRRRRRR...You better believe I will be calling AA this week to file a complaint. We got on the next flight to Crested Butte for the next morning and we tried our best to make the most out of a bad situation. 


Swimming at the hotel pool. We stayed at the Hyatt at DFW and Mason loved watching all the planes take off and land. We woke up the next morning had breakfast and sat waiting on our flight with everything crossed that it wouldn't be delayed or cancelled or anything. Mason was so good. We ran up and down the terminal and then he wanted a movie. I knew he would sleep on the next flight, so I was okay with a little terminal movie watching. 


Out cold on the flight. I brought my blanket scarf on the plane. I thought it would keep me warm and I could always use it as a blanket for Mason if he slept. 

We MADE IT!!! Mason was so excited to ride in the "school bus" up to the mountain.

I am 3 and it is my birthday trip!!!

We got to Colorado at 2:00pm and went to get our skis. Mason was so excited he didn't want to let them out of his sight. The guy who helped us said he had never seen a kid his age so excited to ski. Well, we have been telling him about it for 6 months now. After we all got our skis, we took Mason skiing. Really we pushed him and he rode his skis. We were checking out where we were going the next morning. 


Beautiful Banana Peak on the Blue Bird Day

We then took Mason tubing. He made me laugh so hard. He kept saying LOOK AT ME MOM!!! We bought a ticket with unlimited rides down the hill and Mason would jump out and say again again and up the magic carpet he went. We didn't ride with him, he did it all alone. I will say that the first time Michael let him go I thought, this could be a parenting fail right here. Letting your 3yr old ride in a tube alone without a helmet or anything. He did great and his smile said it all. 


Video of Mason Tubing.






2 comments:

  1. When I first started reading they offered you a flight to Aspen I thought "well that won't work. Maybe in the summer but not in the winter!" Glad you got it worked out but I would have been furious also.

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.