Tuesday, February 2, 2016

30 Day Challenge



Michael and I decided that we were going to do a 30 Day 29 Day Financial Challenge during the month of February. It started Monday, of course. The goal, not to spend any money during the month of February.

The Rules:
     1. No eating out.
     2. Only buy Milk, Bread, Eggs, Cheese at the Grocery Store.
     3. Eat our way through the pantry and freezer.
     4. Nothing that is not essential. Like if we need toilet paper, gasoline, diapers...done.
     5. No Extra Activities.
     6. NO SHOPPING!!!!!

We decided to eat through our pantry, mainly because we have a deep freezer full of food that half the time we forget we have and therefore buy more of it or never eat it. So, we are planning to avoid the grocery store, except for items for the kids or items that won't last a month.

Michael and I have bets on who will break first. I definitely think it is him. Why? I work from home. I don't have people calling me everyday asking me to go to lunch. My day consists of getting up, getting kids ready, working, eating lunch, picking kids up, making dinner. Repeat! Michael leaves the house and goes to an office where people ask about lunch. For instance, he has a lunch Wednesday (already breaking the rules), but it is okay because it is a lunch that has been planned for awhile. But case in point. He will not make it!

What is going to be hard for me? No shopping. I am a shop-a-holic. Mainly for the kids. I have already been thinking about things for the kids like new shoes for Mason that I need to get. Oh well. I can wait until March. But it is going to hard. Super hard. I already realized one essential item I am going to have to get soon. Powder foundation. I am out. Like emptied it this morning. GRRRRR! I would wait, but I have a work trip this month, and can't go looking like a scary person.

I think it won't be as hard this month as it could be. Michael and I both have work trips this month. We will get to cheat sort of. We will eat out and probably eat very well, but on our company's dime and not on our dime.

I will give an update every so often. Hopefully we make it the full month! Wish us luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea! Looking forward to see how y'all do.

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.