Wednesday, February 3, 2016

January/February 2016 StitchFix #4

This StitchFix was a HUGE disappointment. Out of 5 items, I kept 2, and really it didn't meet my requests. I had asked for jeans, so I got one requested item. I love love love jeans. I have specific information that I wanted low rise jeans. I also request great transitional items for Spring. I did receive a pair of mid-rise (WAY to high for my taste) jeans and NO Spring items. Not even remotely.

They changed my stylist this time around and I am requesting my last one. She listened to me. My last fix was ski clothes for night time and it was a 5 for 5.

Pixley, Greenich Striped Knit Top ($48) & 
41Hawthorn, Shara Herringbone Vest ($68)
The only items I kept. Even though, these two items are the furtherest things from Spring. I still like the vest and I thought the shirt went great with it. The Pixley shirt is super soft and I like the patches for detail! 

Just Black, Madelyn Released Hem Skinny Jean ($88)
These are horrible. Mid to High Rise jeans. As soon as I took them out of the box, I could tell the rise was too high for my from the zipper. Other than the rise of these jeans, which are completely not my style, the feel of them is great. The stretch is perfect. But what part of Low Rise do these jeans say. NOTHING. Okay, disappointing rant over. I also have spent less on better quality jeans. My jean prices range from $65-$200 and I have about 15 pairs in my closet. I know good jeans. 

Brixon Ivy, Sylvester Split Neck Blouse ($54) & 
Renee C, Melisa Mixed Geo Print Pencel Skirt ($48)
I know some of you are going to think both of these items are great. I have requested NO dresses or skirts. I have 2 kids I am chasing around. I never wear dresses, except to weddings or fundraisers. I was disappointed when my stylist said it would be great to wear to meetings. Yeah, those hundreds of work meetings I go to daily on the phone in my home office. BTW, my profile says that too. Also, it is a knit cotton material. In my business world, I have to wear suits to my business meetings, so a knit skirt would be TOO casual. The skirt was a great fit, and would be super comfy. Now the shirt, I liked the color, but the style wasn't great. My husband said I looked like I was on Little House on the Prairie. Now, I did have my hair in braids, but I promise he was talking about the shirt. It is hard to see the detail around the neck, but I just wasn't loving it, so I sent it back. 

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5438494

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.