Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 18

Baby_Bump_08_20_2012_1206.NEF

How far along? 18 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 1 lb according to my doctor’s visit last week.
Maternity clothes? Not yet and I am a little worried about finding cute stuff.
Stretch marks? No-Thank goodness.
Sleep: It has been a good week for sleep.  I still get up several times a night to go to the bathroom, but sleep has been harder.
Best moment this week: Getting a 3D/4D ultrasound of our little monkey.
Miss Anything? Buttoning my cute jeans.  My shorts still fit fine, but my jeans are a little uncomfortable buttoned.
Movement: This has been the best week for movement.  Michael and Gabby felt the baby move this week.  Gabby first, was laying on my stomach and the baby kicked (or something) and Gabby looked up at me like what was that.  Michael and I laughed.  Then this weekend, at the lake, I was up at 5:00AM and kept feeling a strong kick.  I woke Michael up and said you have to be able to feel this.  He did!! It was great knowing that now we can share more of this experience. 
Food cravings: I just want sweets this week and soda.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing this week.
Have you started to show yet: Yes, and I don’t know how I feel about it.
Gender: Our tech for the ultrasound completed avoided that area, so guess 5 more months.
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy.  I have had a great week. 
Looking forward to: Feeling the baby move more and more.  Each day seems like it gets a little stronger.

It has been the best week.  The doctor said everything sounded good.  The baby’s heartbeat was 167 at that appointment and 146 at the ultrasound.  Seeing our baby getting bigger is one of the best moments.  He/She was moving a ton during the ultrasound.  Our little monkey also was sucking his/her thumb.  I was a thumb sucker, so this just made me laugh.  We also noticed it was also looking for his/her left thumb.  Maybe it will be left handed like its Mom.  We also got a DVD of the baby and it is great.  My mom made a copy of the DVD and when we were at the lake this weekend they asked everyone if they wanted to watch it.  Got to love their excitement.

Baby3d_0003baby3d_0004Love that you can see the spine…SO cool!baby3d_0012baby4d_0003

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.