Monday, May 6, 2013

SDMM

Mom’s out there in the world.  Do you ever have a freak out moment over the safety of your baby or child?  Well, this Mama sure has/did. 

We had decided to take Nana’s Tahoe to dinner the other night.  Michael went out to her Tahoe and put the base to Mason’s car seat in the car.  He knows how to put the base in the car, and that was not the problem.  The problem was that the front of the car seat moved A LOT.  I said something to Michael about how that is not right and he told me it does that in his Escape and my Highlander.  I did not think that was true, but honestly I could not remember trying it.

Then all of the sudden, I started to panic a little bit a lot.  I told them it wasn’t safe for the seat to do that.  What if we get into an accident?  Mason could get seriously injured.  This is not right, it should not do that.  I was seriously freaking out.  Michael finally had to try and calm me down.  Telling me we were not going to get into an accident and the car seat was fine.  I am pretty sure I was having a heart attack from the thoughts.  We ended up leaving the house in the Tahoe, even though I was not happy.  I was a nervous wreck the whole way to dinner and all the way home.

A few days later I checked my car and Michael’s car and neither one of the bases moves in the front.  I am not sure why Nana’s Tahoe does this, but I am going to try and figure out why.  She has the captain’s chairs and they are angled differently than my seats, but still it should be safer.  Definitely want my little guy to be super safe riding around.

I think I had complete reasons to panic and freak out.  It was definitely over the top and the panic attack was probably too much, but I could not help it.  I felt it in my chest.  I could not breathe.  The thought of something anything happening to Mason just makes me never want to leave the house or his side.  Of course, I do leave his side and we leave the house.     

Just as a side FYI, we fixed the problem in my Mom’s Tahoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.