Wednesday, October 1, 2014

St. Thomas Vacation Part 2

Are you ready for beautiful picture overload? Part 2 & 3 will have tons of pictures. I am breaking these up just for myself to remember several items. Tomorrow will be about going to the British Virgin Islands. The second half of our trip was spent on boats, pretty much. We decided to take a sailboat trip one of the day with Hollywood Joe. He was a very interested person. His boat/sailing trip is Treazzure Sailing Adventures. St_53.Thomas_09_24_2014_5538.NEFMichael and I truly enjoyed being out on the water and the snorkeling. I think I enjoyed the lunch prepared by Hollywood Joe as my favorite meal on the entire trip. He is a chef for sure. He made chicken, grilled corn, caesar salad and garlic bread. It was so good to eat, and he is welcome to come to the states anytime and cook for me again. St_56.Thomas_09_24_2014_5541.NEFHiding my slowly expanding midsection. St_62.Thomas_09_24_2014_5547.NEFThe waters of our second spot was so clear. It was much more shallow than the first and we saw some amazing fish. I didn’t snorkel here as much as the boys. Us girls wanted to enjoy the relaxation and view. Along with the hammock. St_82.Thomas_09_24_2014_5567.NEFSnorkeling these waters was wonderful! Look how clear the water at our lunch spot was. We shared part of our lunch with the fish and they would come quickly and fight over the food. It was fun to see these fish. St_89.Thomas_09_24_2014_5574.NEFMy Hottie, looking tan and refreshed. St_95.Thomas_09_24_2014_5580.NEFHammock time. It was awesome. St_101The sailboat we spent the day on, was just as beautiful as the scenery. We really liked the hammock. The hammock got rocking pretty good when we were going back. I thought it was going to throw us into the water. It was a fun little ride. St_102.Thomas_09_24_2014_5587.NEFI didn’t get any pictures of our third snorkel spot. Storm clouds rolled in and we had a scary situation arise. While snorkeling we got caught in a rip tide/current. The girls were definitely not strong enough swimmers to get out of the current. The sailboat had a dinghy and we knew they would come get us. One of the boys decided to swim to the boat to let them know we needed help and Michael stayed with us girls. We had just talked about why they bring a dinghy with them on these trips, for situations like this. We tried to swim and we would not go anywhere. Looking down the coral was not changing. Michael finally said to save our energy and float. We were moving pretty fast and by the time the dinghy got to us, we were in open ocean. I was more worried about another boat coming in the storm and not seeing us. In the process of floating Michael and Mattie got stung by a jellyfish. It was a crazy experience and a weird story we will never forget. We knew we were never in real danger, meaning, we knew the dinghy would come and get us. I just didn’t know if we would make it to the island across the way before the dinghy made it to us. We were moving at about 10 mph. I had brought out a swimming noodle with me, and everyone made fun of me for taking it each time, but then they were happy I had it when we needed a rest from trying to swim against the current.

After we got back from our sailing adventure. We stopped at Red Hook Marina area for a little happy hour and dinner. We went to the Caribbean Saloon, and they had Jager Bingo. I love a good game of Bingo. My Granny used to take me to play Bingo with her when I was little. Chris won 3 of the 4 games we played. Cheater. HAHA. Not really, but because he won he paid for our dinner and drinks. He won $40 in gift certificates to the place, which perfectly covered our dinner.  It was a great way to end a long adventurous day. We crashed early this night. 20140924_171601

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.