Tuesday, October 6, 2015

SuperHeroes Live Here


This little boy is having so much fun playing Batman, Robin, and Superman lately. I don't know how little boys do it. He has never, until last night, seen a single cartoon involving superheroes. He gets quite upset over capes if he is not wearing one. I decided that if he was going to love Batman he needed to watch some Batman. All the most recent Batman shows/movies are NOT 3yr old appropriate. But I started thinking about the old school Batman where POW and BAM were popped up on the screen instead of the hitting. I was sure Netflix or Amazon Instant Video had to have it somewhere. 

Sure enough, I found the 1966 movie, which I believe was based of the show. Or the other way around...right? Adam West as Batman. Thank You. My child will probably expect to watch this movie daily, but I might get the episodes, which we have to pay for on Amazon or Vudu, but the movie is Free on Amazon with Prime. He loved it. Michael and I enjoyed laughing over the language. You know it is kid friendly when Robin says Holy Bikini Batman or any of his other Holy *insert funny phrase* Batman. 

Mason insisted we all dress up as SuperHeroes and run around the house. Thank goodness Nana and Papaw got him the 3 capes package, so we have Batman, Robin, and Superman. But somehow it always comes back to the BEAST (AKA Sandlot) and how we have to get the Beast. He would fall down and say it got me and we Revive him or the other way around. He has the best imagination and it makes me smile. He loves to look back and watch his cape flow in the wind...this will ultimately end in a face to a wall in the future I am sure of it. 

I have a lot of love for this age. 

Hands on the hips...guess he gets this from me. 
Saving the World is Exhausting.

Playing at Nana's house.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.