Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hello October!

Well, well, well...It is October!! Today the weather decided to cool off and it feels like fall. I guess I can start wearing my boots and fall clothes! My favorite. I guess I can get our pool closed for the season. This makes me happy and sad. We haven't been in the pool in awhile, probably not in the last two weeks, so it is time. They will be here next week. I took the below picture as a sign to start decorating for fall. The black birds invaded our yard.
First sign of Fall...Black birds invade. 

October! Time to decorate for Halloween and Fall, even though I must admit I started this last week. It is a slow process in our house. I love decorating for Halloween. The orange...the scary skeletons, the pumpkins, and all things pumpkin...pumpkin bread, cookies, lattes. I love adding to our decorations every year and sometimes taking some away. Mason is a little concerned about a few items in the house, like our skeleton that hangs from the stairs.

Halloween goblets. This room isn't complete, yet. 

I needed to get the other upstairs windows done, but Mason helped me out so we had to show Daddy what we had done. There are now bats upstairs too.
Not sure what else I want to do to decorate. I am thinking about taking Mason to the store and letting him pick out some decorations for outside. I lost some of the outdoor decorations last year and need to replace. Mason needs some Mama alone time too, so it might be a good idea! Any suggestions for outdoor decor is welcome. We will add pumpkins outside after our trip to the pumpkin patch, and I thought about changing our down lights to orange lights. So open to ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.