Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Tulsa Zoo Trip

Over the weekend we decided to go over to Tulsa to take Mason to the Zoo. My brother lives in Tulsa, and we thought it would be a good opportunity to see his new house and visit with him. I always hate taking the kids in the car for long trips but we planned it just right. We left right after Mason's soccer game, when I knew he would be sleepy and take a nap. Mason and AddieMo slept the entire trip to my brother's house. We ate some lunch and quickly left to have as much time as possible at the Zoo.

Mason had a blast. I borrowed our friends double stroller but Mason wanted to walk run the whole time. Thank goodness my brother went with us. Mason was a lot to keep up with during the trip. It was as if he couldn't get enough of the animals. He wouldn't stay as any one animal for long, before he was off running to the next. Get ready for some serious picture overload. I just loved watching the excitement and smile on my children's faces. It makes the 2 hour drive there and back completely worth it.








This is right before the Bear opened his large mouth and tried to eat Mason's head through the glass.

Mason wanted to ride the camel. 

Okay, Maybe I wanted to ride the camel and he agreed to go with me.


Isn't she ADORABLE!!!! I love those chubby cheeks!


Old MacDonald Had a Farm...

Hi Tiger!!




Look Mama BIG turtles. He spent very little time in the stroller. 



My one photo of them together. 
After the Zoo, we went back to my brother's house to hang out, eat dinner, and watch at least part of the Arkansas game. We left my brother's house at halftime as it was getting close to Mason's bedtime and AddieMo was fast asleep in her carseat. I expected Mason to pass out before we left the neighborhood, but it took him a bit to wind down. We were on the highway, when Mason told us he had to go potty. Crap!! He had gone right before we left, but needed to go again. It was dark and along the highway wasn't a good place to stop. Michael finally spotted a side street and pulled off to do our first roadside potty break. As soon as we stopped Mason said Where is the toilet? Poor baby. He didn't mind peeing on the side of the road, but hopefully he doesn't think this is the new norm. 

Happy Girl! Hanging out on Uncle Eric's floor. 

Overall, it was a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.