Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Weekend Patio Project

Michael and I were given some old patio furniture from his mom last year (I think). It was sturdy and exactly what we wanted, but it had a little damage and look very loved. We kept saying all last summer that we were going to take it and get it sandblasted and paint it. That’s all it really needed. Well apparently paying someone to do that is almost as much as buying a new set. No thank you! So after having this furniture almost a year we got to it. I had Michael get a power washer and get all the loose paint off the set and then I got some Rustoleum spray paint. I love Rustoleum. I use it on EVERYTHING that needs a quick cheap revamp.

This is one of the 6 chairs. As you can see paint chipping off and not very pretty looking.20140323_135702The table. It actually had the least amount of paint coming off and was fairly easy to get done, but the color was faded.20140323_135723Grabbed some Rustoleum, 7 cans of it! The color we used is Dark Bronze. I used the hammered look. I thought it would help hide some of the flaws in the furniture and it does. 20140323_111540Michael took this to send to his mom and show her the difference. It took me a few hours to paint the entire set, and most of the painting was done while little man was sleeping. Our garage turned into my big paint shop. I now need to use the power washer to clean the dusty residue off the floors. I placed cardboard down on the floors. Colville-20140323-00045The finished product. It looks like a brand new set. I am so happy with the way it turned out. Michael was saying, maybe we should buy old patio furniture and revamp it and then sell it. No way. One set was enough work for me. It cost us about $50 and 3 hours of time to complete the entire thing, not including drying time. 20140325_07492420140325_07493820140325_074951

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.