Wednesday, September 12, 2012

One crazy weekend

This last weekend was completely crazy.  It started wild and crazy.  Friday right after work, we got hit by a storm.  I was actually working late in my office and on the phone with a west coast colleague when the wind outside picked up.  The colleague I was speaking with could hear the wind and my plants hitting the window.  I looked outside and I saw things flying by my office window.  I told her, I got to go I will call you back it is like the Wizard of Oz here right now.  We had several LARGE items flying through the neighborhood.  I guess it was straight line winds, caused from the cold front that collided with our warm temperatures.  Here are a few photos from the aftermath:

Our neighbors did have a full fence before the storm…they weren’t the only ones who lost part of their fence.IMG_0268[1]One of many trees that snapped.IMG_0269[1]

We were lucky and had no damage.  Our next door neighbor had damage from that fence blowing into the roof and other parts of their house.  Our house was completely missed.  No trees lost and no fence. 

Saturday, we woke up to a beautiful fall like temperatures.  We took out baby for a walk around the block and then headed to Fort Smith to hang out with my brother, who was in town, and watch the Razorback game.  The game was very disappointing.  Our defense sucks or did not perform to their abilities.  We had lots of injuries, which were scary and sad.  My Mom made us a nice dinner and it was great to spend some quality time with my brother.  I miss having him around all the time.  I know he will be a great uncle come January.  Kids just LOVE him.  I think it is because he speaks to them the same way he would speak to anyone.  He also wears glasses and I think kids like that.  He was being silly with me and we took a picture together.  Next time he comes home will be Thanksgiving and I will be much bigger, so we needed to photograph the difference. 

Being silly.IMG_0279[1]  IMG_0280[1]Yummy Hog Cake.photo (2)

Sunday, was a relaxing day for me.  It ended up being a relaxing day.  Michael had plans to play golf, so I was planning to be crafty and work on a project for the baby’s room.  I went to Hobby Lobby to get supplies and it was closed.  I then went to another store to look at some baby stuff and it was closed.  I then took that as a sign to just go home and take a nap.  I didn’t nap, but I did watch Lifetime movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.