Thursday, September 13, 2012

Seeing Every State

I love traveling.  I get to travel for work a lot, and right now I am in the middle of my busiest travel season.  I am currently out of town.  I come back for the weekend and then head out again next week.  This is my typical fall.  I am especially excited about my travel this fall.  Why? 
I have a goal in my life that I want to travel to EVERY state.  Prior to 2012 I had been to 32 States.  I really was proud it was over half.  This has been a good year for new places.  Before the year is over I will add 4 new states (2 already with 2 more upcoming).  I keep a map in my office to show all the places I have traveled, all the places Michael has traveled, and all the places we have gone together.  We pin each location with different colors to distinguish the difference.  There are a few cities we don’t include, but we include major cities.  If I included all the cities, I would have several hundred pins in Arkansas alone and around the Chicagoland area. 
IMG_0283[1]
I also keep a map on the computer where I color in each state I have visited.  I look at this map and can’t help but want to plan our next vacations.  This year we will be driving to Gulf Shores, and so I will get to pick up Mississippi and Alabama.  I have to go to Virginia again this fall and really want to drive up to West Virginia just to add that very random white state.  I want to ski Deer Valley some day, and I want to go to Yellow Stone.  I could add a few new states that way.  Who knows when that will happen.  Maybe we could drive to Wyoming and hit up several of my blank states.  That would be a long long drive.  By the end of this year I will have been to 36 states.  I can’t wait.  Once I hit 40 states I will definitely start trying to get the last 10.    States Traveled

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.