Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Turning on the Lights

Friday night, we headed to the Fayetteville Square to watch the Lights of the Ozarks to be turned on. I knew Mason would love the lights. We didn’t quite make it to the Square before the lights came on, so as we walked up the street and Mason first saw the lights he would squeal and scream LIGHTS LIGHTS LIGHTS!!! MAMA LIGHTS!!! It was so fun. I just loved his excitement. He see some Christmas lights in our neighborhood and loves them too. Always asks for more.

Thanksgiving night, we plan to take him to see more Christmas lights at a local park. I can’t wait to have my family see his reactions. I know they will love it as much as I did. The park also has a train and I am hoping we can ride it, if not that night another. He will love that too. MasonAllen_11_21_2014_208.NEF MasonAllen_11_21_2014_216.NEF Family photo time. MasonAllen_11_21_2014_217.NEF MasonAllen_11_21_2014_231.NEF MasonAllen_11_21_2014_245.NEF His excitement is shown through this huge smile. 20141121_182950-MIXHolding hands with his girlfriend. Exploring the lights together. Too cute. 20141121_184756 I can’t wait to spend this Christmas with my family. This little boy is already loving all Christmas books. His favorite right now is “Disney Christmas Carol.” I think he likes the ghosts in the book. He always tries to skip to those pages. We talk about Santa and have read the “Polar Express.”  He is just loving all things Christmas like his Mama. It is the best thing to watch your child evolve and realize what things mean. Light bulbs going on in his head daily. It is the most wonderful feeling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.