Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease

Have you ever heard of this?  Well, I have heard of it, but I have never known someone to get it.  Apparently there is a small outbreak of it going on in Hawaii.  It is also something that apparently is harder for adults to get, because we have better immune systems then little kids.  My little best Hawaiian friend has possibly been exposed to someone, who has the disease.  Yikes!!  I heard this from my bestie this morning, and of course proceeded to look up the disease. 

According to the Hawaii Department of Health website, “Hand, foot, and mouth disease is a viral illness characterized by the appearance of sores inside the mouth. The sores usually appear on the inside surfaces of the cheeks and gums, and on the sides of the tongue. The sores can also appear on the hands, especially on the palms and fingers, and on the soles of the feet.” (http://hawaii.gov/health/DIB/Hand_Foot.html) Keep your fingers crossed that Schuylia (pronounced Skylia) won’t get sick.  Hopefully her little immune system is super duper strong.  Veronica, her mommy, is preggers right now and her hubby is away, so we definitely don’t want them to get sick.  Mommy or Skye.  Since, Vee is preggers her risk is always a little higher to catch stuff, so think about them over the next 3-6 days, and hope it doesn’t develop into anything!!

Skye

Check out how cute my best little Hawaiian friend is playing in her laundry basket.  By the way, her Aunt Jennifer bought her that shirt.  It says, “I love my Auntie.”  HAHA!  And yes she does love me.  We Skype almost every single day.  I am glad my husband is so understanding.  Veronica and I always joke that our husbands are very understanding of our relationship and they tolerate us.  We talk everyday or close to it and we tell each other every detail.  It is not uncommon for the husbands to come home and ask how the other is doing.  Veronica and I have always had a wonderful friendship, even though the majority has been spent over the phone we are very close.  I can’t wait to see this little face in person, and shower it with kisses!  And I can’t wait to hang out with Veronica and Shane (and baby on the way) in just a few short long months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.