Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day Weekend came and went so fast that I almost forgot the happenings of that weekend. I think it was more the fact that it was fun filled and made for a busy short work week. Of course we went to Lake Ouachita. I was desperate for some relaxing lake time. AND I got it.

It was the perfect weekend minus one factor…the water was freezing. Thanks to all the rain the lake was up and the water cold. Thank goodness the temperature outside was perfect. Not too hot. Michael and I love going to the lake with my family. It is never just my family down there. My parent’s friends and their kids, who are my friends, are always there too. We got down late Friday night. After work, we drove to Fort Smith and picked up my brother. He was the lucky one who got to sit in the backseat with Gabby. I was a little worried about Gabby. She does not like riding in the car, so for this long trip we gave her some medicine. The medicine did not work. Oh well. Gabby loves the lake, so I knew she would be happy once we got there. Friday we ate and just hung out.

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were all spent on the boat. The evenings were spent with friends and family eating and enjoying each other’s company. The lake is definitely a getaway place. No cell service, no internet (sort of), and no society. Gabby has her friend and we have ours. This trip to the lake was the first time we ever took Gabby out onto the boat. She was in doggie heaven. I was concerned she wouldn’t like it, because she doesn’t like the car. I was dead wrong. Gabby the no fear boat dog was all over the place. My parents own a party deck, and Gabby would have let her little paws hang off the front of the boat if I would have let her. Her Daddy did let her hang her paws off the side and stare down at the wake. The day we took her out, we drove up the river and the blue herrings were everywhere. My bird dog really thought she could get to them. Each time one would take flight Gabby would run to the front and put her paws up and just stare. I would have to grab her, because a few times she jumped to the front like she was going off the boat into the water. Hopefully our next trip in a few weeks will involve Gabby doing some swimming like she did this last weekend at Beaver. I didn’t take many pictures during the weekend, but here are a few.
View from the porch
Lake View

Hummingbirds

This one had a red throat

Click to make larger

Relaxing
Miss Sue's new puppy Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.