Friday, June 10, 2011

Garden Update-Some Flowers

In March, I worked on our front garden as a project. I personally do not have a green thumb, but I want the green thumb’s garden. So, I worked really hard getting rid of some dead plants and making the garden look nice. I planted three different kinds of bulbs and two of the three have grown and one of the three is already blooming. YAY! I am not a complete failure when it comes to gardening. My gladiolas have bloomed and right now I have a white, red, and pink one open. I thought we were just going to have red and white, but apparently not. Can’t wait to see what other colors our front garden will have. I do have to say, Michael did not have the greatest confidence in my gardening skills, but they have been redeemed. Maybe next year he will let me try a veggie garden again. Here are some pictures of the before and after. I will add more as my other plants grow and bloom.
After the planting but before growth
YAY for plants growing

Front pre-flowers
Flowers! ignore the grass it needs to be mowed

Other Front Garden Area
Two of three growing

Pink one

White Glads with a little pink

I love my anniversary flowers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.