Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hawaii Planning

We are soon to be off on another adventure to Hawaii. This time my parents, my brother, and of course Michael and I are all going to Hawaii this fall. I am so excited for several reasons. The main reason is that I cannot wait to share and show my family why Michael and I love Hawaii so much. We also get to see my childhood friend, Veronica, her baby and her hubby. This trip has been in the works probably since the first time I went to Hawaii. I told my parents we all definitely needed to go together, and after I went this last fall, I told them "next year, next year!" So, we began the thoughts and planning the trip.

I had tons and tons of ideas, places to go and things to see. I knew I wanted them to go to Oahu and see Pearl Harbor. And I wanted to go to the Big Island and see the volcano and observatory. I watch travel channel too much and that observatory looks too cool at night. A few months ago we started looking into houses and hotels to stay at while on both islands. Before we could book any places we had to get our flights booked. The dates were the easiest part of this process so far. After the flights were booked it was officially time to get the house booked for the Big Island and a hotel for Mom, Dad, and Eric for Oahu. Michael and I are going to stay at Veronica and Shane's new house on Hickam. The plan is to stay 4 nights in Oahu and then fly to the Big Island for 4 nights. Michael found our house for the Big Island. It is wonderful. Here is a youtube video of the view from the house.
I can't wait to stay and stare out. It has a rooftop deck that I am sure I will be enjoying. Michael found it here on HomeAway.

Next, we haven't booked anything yet, but we have started the conversation of activities. Helicopter ride over the volcano, definite yes. Pearl Harbor, definite yes. (I can't wait to go there again) Luau, of course! Observatory, wouldn't miss it for the world. North Shore/Dole Plantation, oh yeah. I can't wait to show my parents the waterfalls and maybe take them on a hike to a few. We will see several during our helicopter tour, but there is nothing like hiking through the rain forest and seeing one up close. Well I will keep everyone posted on the activities we do and places we go, and I will probably spend plenty of time writing and taking a million pictures again this trip. I guess I will get off and do some work, while I am sitting at this airport in Columbus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.