Friday, June 24, 2011

Spicy Crab Pasta

I love crab!  I could eat it all day everyday.  My current company is based in Seattle and what does Seattle have a lot of…Fresh Seafood.  So, I had some King Crab legs at my house and decided for dinner I was going to make something with it.  I thought about crab cakes, but decided the recipes I found sounded hard and I even saw one had a how to video with it.  Obviously I am not skilled in the kitchen and decided I would have to find something else.  I decided to make a spicy pasta. 

Michael and I both love spicy food.  We can’t get enough of the Hot foods, and usually items aren’t hot enough for us.  Well, our dinner the other night was HOT!  I felt bad after Michael took a bite and started making a face and grabbing the water.  I thought, it can’t be that bad.  Well, it was definitely HOT, but we both ate it.  I would cut out some of the red peppers the recipe called for in the end.  The bow tie pasta was yum and the sauce I made was really good, minus the fire coming out of it.  See recipe at the bottom.  I altered it for the safety of my readers and took the red peppers down several notches. 

crabKing Crab-HUGE

crabdinner 

  • 1 package Bow Tie pasta
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 6 oz crabmeat (more if you love crab)
  • 1 can peeled and diced tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoons red pepper flakes
  • 1 tablespoon garlic salt

Cook the bow tie pasta according to the package.  In a saucepan, melt the butter.  Then add the can of tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and garlic salt.  If the crab is already cooked add it when the pasta is almost done to warm throughout.  You can buy canned crabmeat or pick up some legs and pull the meat out yourself.  Also I typically do not add additional salt or pepper, because it can be added on a person to person basis, and everything has tons of salt in it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.