Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine’s Day

My babies are here today to wish everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day! PhotoGrid_1392393619619I love these pictures of my little man. The top two are his reaction to the flash. He always closes his eyes, which is why most of my pictures are blurry these days…blurry arms or closed eyes. I thought this outfit was cute. PhotoGrid_1392394624998I also have to send some love to my love. We don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day. Who wants to fight crowds and long waits at restaurants? Not us. That’s why I love him. We don’t need a holiday to say I love you. We do that daily. Love Love him more than anything!CrestedButte_01_09_2012_138.NEF

For me, today is not just Valentine’s Day. 5 years ago today, my Granny past away. Unfortunately, it put a little damper on the day and I will always take a moment today to think of her. I will remember exactly what I was doing the day I found out. I was having lunch at the T-Rex Grill at Copper Mountain, I called my Dad to tell him where I was, because the last time I had been there was with him. Bad time to tell your daughter bad news, but it happened and I needed to know. I was close to my Granny and loved her deeply. I am sad she is gone and that Mason does not get to know her, but through memories. She will forever be important to me and I will always remember her for saying whatever was on her mind and being very opinionated. *wonder where I get it.  

Granny with newborn me.4

Granny with the umbrella shade.Granny2

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.