Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy 2nd Birthday Mason!

20150108_071926 Trying to hold up 2 fingers. Don’t quite have it down, but since I can’t show you 2 fingers I will just tell you I am 5. 20150108_071936

It is really hard to believe that it has been 2 years since you were born! I feel like it was yesterday. You have the best personality and are such an easy going kiddo.

Weight: We don’t go to the doctor until next Monday. I learned by lesson from last year. Doctor’s visit after birthday party, just in case we have a reaction to the shots. Mason had a little fever after shots last year and wanted to sleep through his party. I am guessing he is still about 30lbs.  

Height: Won’t know for sure, but guessing still around 36” tall. Can’t wait to know for sure.

Clothes: Mason is wearing 2T pants, shirts, and pajamas. He has a few 3T shirts for the length. We have to roll up the sleeves because they are too long, but the length is perfect. I have a feeling by summer we will be wearing all 3T shirts and mostly 2T shorts. 

Eats: Anything. Everything. You love fruits especially oranges and blueberries. You are a little meat eater. If we make chicken you can eat as much as Mama. You don’t really have a problem with dinnertime or lunchtime. If we give you food you will eat it. I am hoping this never changes. Your Daddy and I were both picky as kids.

Sleeps: You are officially in a BIG BOY bed. You go to sleep by 8pm every night. Some nights a little earlier, depending on how hard you played during the day. Most mornings we have to wake you up to go to school around 7am. On the weekends you usually sleep until 7:30 or 8:00am. It is wonderful.

What he is enjoying: You are enjoying life. You are all boy. You love blocks, airplanes, trains, cars, and balls. You love to eat and sleep. You love Frozen the movie and are starting to want to see other movies. If we are watching a movie together you will snuggle up to me and hold my hand. It is something I never want to forget. You love to give us kisses. You new favorite demand is for Mommy and Daddy to hug or kiss. You request and then smile and laugh so hard when we do. I am glad this makes you so happy.

Teeth: All of your teeth are showing!!! 20 Teeth. Your molars FINALLY cut through sometime over Christmas break. All four at one time. It is wonderful. We are glad this has finally occurred as you have been complaining and telling me they hurt and telling me to feel inside your mouth for quite a long time.

Talking: You have a huge vocabulary. I am amazed at the things you say. You repeat anything we ask. You are becoming a very demanding child. Mama do this…Daddy do that. You always say Thank You, Please, and Your Welcome. In the car, if we are stopped at a stop sign or behind another car, you will tell us to GO GO GO. Road Rage at 2 is bad. This morning, like every morning, we were talking to Nana and Mason asked her What are you doing? He also had to tell her he went PeePee in the Potty. He was proud of himself.

You are a wonderful addition to our little family. 2015 is going to allow you to become a Big Brother and I know you will be a huge help. You love to help out and watch everything we are doing. Every morning, you help Daddy make coffee and you know the steps better than I do. I know once we have your brother or sister you are going to insist on helping with everything baby. There are so many things you do that I don’t want to forget. As you get better and better at speaking, I think that I will need to start writing them all down.

Coming up we will hopefully be getting rid of diapers all together!!! YAY! Before the baby arrives! Coming up we will be taking away the pacifier…stay tuned for the excitement of potty training a crazy little boy and how crazy Michael and I might become taking away the pacifier.

When you were born you were so tiny. Now looking at how much you have grown makes me sad and excited to see how you change even more over the next year. Mason_Allen_01_17_2013_1793.NEF

20150108_072113

IMG_20150107_194930

1 comment:

  1. Haha! The road rage comment made me laugh out loud. That is too funny!!

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.