Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Call Me Old Fashioned

So, as I have mentioned before it is HOT here!  I have long hair and I love my long hair.  I would never cut it.  Okay, that’s a lie I would cut it but I love it long and so does Michael.  He tells me if I cut it then that’s bait and switch…haha.  He also says this about my hair color. 

I spend the majority of my summers with my hair up.  It is hot and as a lady with my hair down I glisten more.  Yes, glisten.  Ladies of the south do not sweat we glisten.  I am not good at doing my hair.  In fact, I stink at doing my hair.  I have long, thin, straight hair.  Unless I let it air dry and I have a nappy wave in my hair.  That style is so not cute except when I am on the beach, and then it is fun.  So, how do I normally do my hair?  Pigtail braids or a bun.  Sometimes I get fancy and do my old school “princess leia” look.  Not the name I would have picked, see below, but someone nicknamed it that in school. 

IMG_0250

Did I mention I stink at doing my own hair?  People always try and tell me how easy doing their own hair is and I laugh because I am a fool when it comes to my own.  My cousin, my hairdresser/friend, and even a few friends always tell me how easy and fun my hair is to play with, and I just let them.  I will let anyone play with my hair.  You want to do my hair, go ahead and style away.  I watch very eagerly when people do my hair and then I will try it later.  It will end in failure each and every time.

With that, I have been trying new things.  First, I love doing my hair wet in the summer.  It keeps me cooler.  The pigtail braids are perfect for wet hair and easy, hence why I do it a lot. A friend told me that some say braids are old fashioned (even though she likes them).  Well I must be super old fashioned because I love them in the summer.  Here are a couple NEW ways I am doing my hair this summer.  Please note I do these on my own and take my own pictures.  Please excuse the random bobby pins that happen to be sticking out.  The pictures pointed those out and I pushed them back into hiding. 

This style I wore to a party for Michael’s work.IMG_0351

IMG_0352

I did this one for fun one day when it was blazing outside and I was bored.IMG_0358IMG_0359

1 comment:

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.