Friday, August 12, 2011

I hate Snakes

I hate snakes.  I don’t like to find them in my yard and when I do find them in the yard, I expect for them to die.  If you are an animal lover I am sorry, snakes are my one and only creature I hate with a passion.  I don’t even mind most spiders (as long as they are little and not a black widow).  This summer Michael and I have found several snakes and one black widow.  It gives me the chills just thinking about this.  I don’t know what kinds of snakes are bad or good, nor do I really take time when I see one in my yard.  I usually turn running and screaming. 

So, last night I was being a really good wife and helping Michael mow the lawn.  I mow and he uses the weedeater and when he is done then he comes and takes over.  Well, it took longer for him to weedeat last night, and I had started our backyard.  I usually don’t even finish the front before he is done.  A deal is a deal, so I continued with the backyard and I went right over/past the snake twice and didn’t even see him.  I should add by the time I started the backyard it was dark.  As Michael weedeated next to the fence he saw it move.  It was black with an orange stripe and it was 3 feet long.  Yucky yucky yucky!!!  Of course, Michael wants to save the snake while I am screaming kill it kill it.  He told me it wasn’t harmful, and I kept saying how do you know.  I don’t want it to get Gabby…OR ME!  Even with my objections, Michael took the snake and got it into a bucket and took him to the woods.

I will never mow EVER again.  Unless it is daylight outside and our grass isn’t 6 inches in a few places.  Going to go buy some Snake-Away today! 

SnakeThis is one of the first snakes Michael saved.SNAKE1This is the snake we found last night…

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.