Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene’s Weekend Damper

It is all over the news, Irene is going to hit the east coast.  The plan was for a little vacation in NYC this weekend.  It is really sad, and I am pretty bummed about not going to NYC.  Michael and I sat back and really looked at the storm and a few other factors including Michael needing to be somewhere next Tuesday for work, and decided to postpone our little trip.  We made this decision yesterday.  I was really upset about not seeing friends this weekend.  I have been looking forward to it for weeks. 

We decided it would not be a fun trip if it was storming the whole time.  We also decided it was kind of silly to go into a possibly dangerous situation.  I am sure it will be nothing or not as bad as they are predicting, but I thought if I knew a tornado was in the town next to us, would I drive there?  No.  Michael has been in a hurricane before, and at one point said it could be fun.  I think Michael realized he could get stuck there and since he has to be somewhere Tuesday morning for work, it became more clear.  I could work from anywhere, so I didn’t worry about work.  I woke up yesterday morning with horrible pain in my ear.  I went to the doctor and was told I have an ear infection.  How old am I?  The doctor told me it was probably a good thing I wasn’t going to be flying today, as my eardrum might have burst.  That would not have been a fun flight.  I am on medicine for it, but I guess Irene is a blessing in disguise. 

We will go to NYC in a few more weeks, which is okay, but it is sad at the same time.  I will get re-excited in due time. I am hoping our friends will still love us visiting in a few more weeks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.