It is all over the news, Irene is going to hit the east coast. The plan was for a little vacation in NYC this weekend. It is really sad, and I am pretty bummed about not going to NYC. Michael and I sat back and really looked at the storm and a few other factors including Michael needing to be somewhere next Tuesday for work, and decided to postpone our little trip. We made this decision yesterday. I was really upset about not seeing friends this weekend. I have been looking forward to it for weeks.
We decided it would not be a fun trip if it was storming the whole time. We also decided it was kind of silly to go into a possibly dangerous situation. I am sure it will be nothing or not as bad as they are predicting, but I thought if I knew a tornado was in the town next to us, would I drive there? No. Michael has been in a hurricane before, and at one point said it could be fun. I think Michael realized he could get stuck there and since he has to be somewhere Tuesday morning for work, it became more clear. I could work from anywhere, so I didn’t worry about work. I woke up yesterday morning with horrible pain in my ear. I went to the doctor and was told I have an ear infection. How old am I? The doctor told me it was probably a good thing I wasn’t going to be flying today, as my eardrum might have burst. That would not have been a fun flight. I am on medicine for it, but I guess Irene is a blessing in disguise.
We will go to NYC in a few more weeks, which is okay, but it is sad at the same time. I will get re-excited in due time. I am hoping our friends will still love us visiting in a few more weeks.