Sunday, December 4, 2011

20 Days and Counting


Sorry, I didn't get a chance to do day 21.  We had a very very busy Saturday.  Which brings me to my day 20 item.  I love December and Christmas because it means I get to be extra busy with parties.  We had two different parties yesterday.  Michael and I had a blast.


The first party we went to was a gender reveal party.  Our dear friends the Reagan's are expecting their first child.  They wanted to do something special.  I love the idea of a gender reveal party.  They had all their family and some close friends.  Everyone voted.  Michael since the beginning said I bet she is having a girl and I said boy.  We watched the ultrasound video and at the end it showed us that it was a girl!!  YAY for them!!  It was a lot of fun.  It was good to share something so special with friends.  I can't wait to buy that little girl some cute clothes and hair bows.  She will be a very stylish little girl, I just know it.  After the party, we came home watched a little football before heading out to our second party of the day.  


Saturday night, our friend Will was having a birthday party for his wife and my friend Laura.  Laura and I have been friends since I was nine.  She is a great person and a great friend.  I was extra excited to hear that her party was at her favorite restaurant, Cafe Rue Orleans.  I have eaten there only a few times, but I love the food.  Michael had never been here, so he was also excited to try some place new.  We had a fabulous Shrimp Pontchartrain, Jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice, and other great items.  The Shrimp Pontchartrain was the BEST.  I seriously could have eaten it all and then some.  It is a pasta with a Tasso cream sauce and shrimp.  The shrimp was so tender and fresh.  Fresh seafood is hard to find here in Arkansas, but occasionally we find a restaurant with fresh seafood and I want to go all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.