Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas is around the corner…

I can’t believe Christmas is almost here…I have 4 more work days left.  Michael and I have finalized our vacation plans.  I can’t wait!!

We are going to Crested Butte, Colorado.  It is one of my favorite places to ski.  The last time we skied I took Michael to my favorite place to ski, which is Copper Mountain.  Love that place, but Crested Butte is also a great place to ski.  We will be leaving in a few short weeks.  I love planning quick vacations.  We will be skiing for three days and we plan on having one day to ourselves to enjoy the view and the town. 

The hotel we will be staying at is called the Elevation Hotel and Spa.  The hotel itself has been there for years, but they remodeled it and I am so excited to be staying so close to the slopes.  It will be a nice getaway vacation for the two of us.  I do wish we were going with some other people.  It is always more fun when you have a group to ski together.  I am so very excited.  Skiing was always my vacation choice, so it is wonderful that my husband enjoys it as much as I do.  I guess this little trip is a nice Christmas present to ourselves.  Can’t wait to see the mountains. 

We actually didn’t book it until this morning, not last night as originally planned.  We were a little torn on what to do.  I had a dream last night about the mountains and skiing, and I woke up this morning, called Michael and said lets do it.  He, of course, didn’t require any convincing.  He was ready last night.  I always have a little reservation about skiing since I have had two knee surgeries.  Skiing is fun and so enjoyable, but knowing the last trip to Crested Butte required my first knee surgery made me a little weary.  I will take it easy skiing only blues this year.  That’s what I did a few years back when we went, so hopefully I don’t get the desire to go down the blacks.   I just can’t wait to hit the slopes!!!  Colorado is definitely a place I could see myself living.

Here is my Dad and I skiing last time we were in Crested Butte.  We got 3 feet of snow, and it was amazing.  Fingers crossed for fresh powder.

jen_dad2

  The beautiful peak!banana_peak

1 comment:

  1. hi, Jen!

    I've been looking for blog posts about Crested Butte to feature on our site. If you're interested, you can drop me a line at Brenda (at) Dwellable (.com)

    thanks!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.