Friday, December 2, 2011

22 Days Until Christmas

One of my favorite things to do for Christmas, and I do this all year is collect ornaments.  Since I travel all this time and Michael and I vacation a few times a year, I wanted something to remember our trips.  Some people collect magnets and I like that idea but one I would have tons of them and two I have a stainless steal fridge.  Magnets were not going to happen.  Then I thought I could collect shot glasses.  Well, we don't drink a lot of shot glass type drinks, so that wasn't a great idea.  Then on one of my work trips, a co-worker suggested ornaments.  She does that for her trips.  I thought that is a GREAT idea.  And so it began.  We have collected lots and it is fun to put up the tree and think about the trips we have been on and the places where we got the ornaments.  It is perfect and very memorable.  I have some that are especially meaningful to us and that makes our Christmas time very special.  Here are a few of my favorites.  It was hard just to find a few I loved.

From our honeymoon to St. Thomas, when we went to St. John.

Our most recent Hawaiian vacation, from the Big Island.

Bachelorette Party

Work trip to Phoenix (where I saw Urban Meyer and tons of other NCAA coaches)

Ornament we received from a friend, but the first one to include Gabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.