Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Baby’s Room

The room is ready for a baby to arrive. We don’t have her bedding yet, but since we waited so long to find out and then I had to make some bedding decisions, it might not arrive until she arrives. I am okay with that. We have a sheet in the bed and it is ready to be slept in and really that’s all that matters. Our plans are to have Addison in our room for 6-8 weeks. Mason we did 6 weeks. At 4 weeks we started the transition, but now we are in a two story house and the kids are upstairs. It might mean Addison spends a little more time in our room, which I am completely okay with this time.

Last weekend, Michael finished painting the Pink at the top of her room. He surprised me, because Mason and I were napping away in our room and I thought he was watching a basketball game upstairs. Nope. Painting. Something he HATES. I love to paint and if I wasn’t pregnant I would have been the one doing the work. Tells you how much he loves me.

Mar15_03_16_2015_1049.NEF Eventually, her dresser will also have a changing pad on it, but right now Mason still uses it and we have it in his bathroom. Once Addison is upstairs all of the time I will switch it over and the baskets on the left will hold diapers for me. Mar15_03_16_2015_1052.NEF If you look in her bed, you will see a giraffe. Mason picked it out and made it for her at Build-A-Bear last weekend. I made the sign above her crib and the mobile. I love that mobile it is perfect for her.Mar15_03_16_2015_1053.NEF Girl has to have a place to house all of her bows. This is right as you walk into the room. I also made this. The fabric is part of her bedding. The girl making the bedding sent me a yard, so that I could make this and do some matching. I cannot wait to see if baby girl is going to be born with lots of hair like her mama or a little hair like her brother. I have a feeling she will have some hair. Mar15_03_16_2015_1056.NEF Room Wall Color: Repose Gray (SW)

The top color was custom to match the signs I made.

Majority of the decor has come from me or Hobby Lobby. Love Hobby Lobby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.