Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hospital Bag Time

packingI guess since we are less than 4 weeks until my c-section is scheduled and there is a chance that Addison may decide to pick her own birthday as opposed to the birthday I picked, and I guess that I need to pack my hospital bag. Yikes. So, What’s in my bag?

MY BAG:

1. Belly Bandit: This is something I didn’t have last time and I survived, but I have heard wonderful things about the Belly Bandit for c-section recovery. It is probably #1 item I will be taking with me.

2. Yoga Pants: I have some from my last pregnancy that I love. I got them from Old Navy and I plan to get a few more and take them to the hospital with me. I want to be comfortable.

3. Nursing Tanks: My favorite nursing tanks came from Target. I still have them from my last pregnancy and don’t need new ones, but I will be packing several in my hospital bag. C-section=at least 2 nights in the hospital.

4. Toiletries: This is easy for me, since I travel a lot, I have a travel bag with pretty much a copy of all my go to products in smaller containers. I will include a hairdryer and makeup with this category. My c-section is scheduled for noon, so I will get up that morning, shower, do my hair and makeup for the day. Might as well feel good going in for the day. 

5. Flip flops/house slippers: Flip flops for the shower, even though I brought these last time I was so out of it in the morning I showered without them. Hopefully someone is nice enough to remind me this time. House slippers. My body swelled horribly after my first c-section (I have heard it is normal) and the only thing I could fit my fat feet into were my slippers. I did leave the hospital in tennis shoes…not sure how my Mom and Michael got them on my feet but it worked.

6. Camera/cell phone/chargers: My camera didn’t need its charger, but my phone did. My camera will last a week, trust me if you don’t charge it on vacation 10 times don’t take it to the hospital…one more thing to lose.

7. Pillow: I wanted my own pillow and a blanket from home.

8. Sweatshirt/sweater: I don’t know why, but I was freezing constantly. Even when I got home. My body really struggled to control its own body heat post baby. Plus hospitals are always cold.

9. ID/Insurance cards: Just in case. Our hospital does most of the paperwork prior to going in, but you never know.

For Baby:

1. 2-3 outfits or more: I left Mason in the hospital provided outfits until the day we left and then I put him in his going home outfit, which was a preemie outfit and still big on him. I got a few cute outfits for baby girl to go home in and since she only goes home once, I am sure I will be keeping her looking good during our stay.

2. Blankets: Yet again hospital provides, but I have one specially for her that I will bring. This was the one thing I put Mason in daily, a special blanket for him.

3. Boppy Pillow: Makes BF easier and helps to have a pillow over your stomach for possible laughter and coughing. Post c-section problems.

4. Car Seat: They won’t let you leave the hospital without one.

5. Baby Book: This was helpful, because post c-section medicine helps remove brain power and if you want to remember gifts, flowers, and who came to visit, probably a good idea to bring this. Our hospital doesn’t do foot prints in the book, they provide you a cardstock type paper with them on it.

For Husband:

Our hospital is super close to our house. When we had Mason, my Mom would come early in the morning and relive Michael to go home and shower and rest. Michael was super sick when Mason was born. He didn’t want to have PJs or anything for himself there. He didn’t really care. I am sure similar things will happen this go around, minus the sickness. I think I put a few items in the car for him just in case he changed his mind, but he didn’t. It was nice of my Mom to give him a break and she was able to help me get out of bed and shower, so when Michael finally got back to the hospital we were both refreshed.

Does this sound like a lot? Am I missing anything important? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.