Tuesday, March 31, 2015

End of pregnancy…

Lets talk pregnancy, more importantly the end. As the end draws closer and closer, I start thinking about how excited I am to NOT be pregnant. I am definitely not one of those women who love pregnancy. I spent 22 weeks throwing up with Mason even on medicine. I spent 16 weeks with constant nausea on this pregnancy. Everything that could go wrong at the end of my pregnancy did with Mason. Swellings, high blood pressure, bleeding, emergency c-section, more high blood pressure post baby. This pregnancy, so far, no swelling or not too bad, but the heartburn is awful. Try reading a story to your toddler with constant throw burning pain and the desire the throw up said throw burn. We are having another c-section, which I am okay with, but not looking forward to my toddler thinking I hate him.

I am looking forward to my body going back to normal. I cannot wait in fact to be able to bend over at the waist again. I want to play with Mason and him to feel like Mommy is fun again. I miss those times, especially on days with nice weather and I know it would be possible minus the 9 month belly I am sporting. I want to wear normal clothes again, I want to all around feel normal.

Will I miss the kicking and movement of my baby girl? Nah! Keeping it real. I hear some women say after they have their first that they miss those moments, but after Mason I didn’t and knowing Addie is my last baby I can say I will most likely not miss the kicks to my ribs or the fact that I cannot breath a deep breath without her fighting back and the crazy feeling when she bounces off my bladder. Nope won’t miss that either. Why won’t I miss it? I will have the real deal in my arms.

Reality is…pregnancy is a means to an ends. I love kids would have a ton of them if it didn’t mean I had to be pregnant. Reality…pregnancy’s are not always fun. Reality…pregnancy is rough on your body. Reality…some people just don’t LOVE it. You know what, that is OKAY!

I am dying to meet Miss Addison. I want to know if she will look like her brother, her daddy, me or a combination. Will she have blonde hair like her brother and Daddy or dark hair like me. Blue eyes are a definite. Daddy and Mommy both have blue eyes. Will she be longer…heavier than brother. I am thinking yes. Why? I have gained almost the same amount of weight at this point with Mason, but with Mason I was retaining a lot of fluid.

I cannot wait for Mason to meet his sister. I cannot wait to see how he is with her. He loves babies. In stores, if he hears one cry, he gets concerned and I have to tell him it is okay that baby’s Mommy will take care of her. He loves to help out already, so I have a feeling he will be a big helper. Getting blankets, diapers, pacifiers, or whatever sister needs. I have an older brother and I just know it will give new prospective to that relationship.

I am looking forward to watching my husband fall in love with another baby. He is the best Daddy, Mason and I could ever ask for and I know Addison will have him wrapped. Goodness, Mason has him wrapped for the most part. He says he doesn’t know what to do with a girl. Raise with all brothers and has only experience Mason first hand. I know he will be great though. He will love and protect her from everything and everyone. He was protective of Mason in his first weeks, more so than me as a first time mom. I am hoping he doesn’t baby her too much though. I wouldn’t know what to do with a girly girl. 

We cannot wait to meet sweet Addie, but if she wants to cook just a little longer that would be great. I got some work items I need to finish up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.