Monday, December 21, 2015

4 Days...Gingerbread house


A new tradition I started last year with Mason, was making a Gingerbread house. Last year he ate most of the icing and since it was our first time we learned lots of lessons. So, this is I was way better prepared to make a house.


First thing I did differently this year, I put the house together and let the icing dry during lunch so that when Mason got home from school we could decorate it with the candy. I recommend giving the gingerbread house time to dry or it will be falling apart the entire time. I also used icing to stick the house on the plate I used.

The best part this year was watching Mason lick every piece of candy. I didn't care. Not like we are going to eat the house. It is decoration. I asked Mason, "why are you licking all the candy." His answer, "I am licking all the bugs off." I couldn't really argue with that answer. I said "Thank Bud, No one wants bugs on their Gingerbread house."


Finished Project

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.