Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas is Coming...

Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love Christmas music, Christmas lights, Christmas decorations, and I love giving gifts. I do hate going to the mall and fighting crowds of people, so most of my shopping is done online, but I still love it. I love trying to come up with something everyone will love or need.

So...for the next 9 days!!! You heard that right 9 days!!! I am going to share something daily that brings a smile of holiday cheer to my face.

Today, It is the decorations inside our house. Every year I add a little more to my decor and this year it was mostly outside, but I still love the decor inside. Next year, I am going to let Mason get a little tree for his room and he can decorate it.

My stairwell has a new addition this year of pictures of my three babies. Along with garland I made several years ago. Easy to make. Hobby Lobby is your friend. 

 We had the addition of a new stocking this year. Who needs an elf on the shelf when you have a giant picture of Santa. Not us. Santa is ALWAYS watching.

Someday, I will get a new tree for this house, and move this one into my dining room. The ceiling height in our living room is 10-12ft so I need a taller tree, but this one works. Every year, I collect ornaments from places I have visited. When Michael and I put the ornaments on the tree we reminisce on past trips and experiences and fun. It is by far my favorite tradition. I could get rid of everything else in this house for Christmas, but those ornaments are my memories. 
Above our front door we have a ledge. I see years and years down the road have a Christmas village up here, but maybe not. I also joke that I still want to sell this house and build one, so no need to collect that just yet. Not that I don't love my house, because I do, but sometimes I want a smaller house with lots of land for a million animals. 

The dining room. This year I added a new runner. I love red. My whole house has splashes of red and during Christmas it makes them stand out more to me. 

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful and I love the idea of ornaments whenever you've been. Christmas is my favorite time of year as well, my son was born Dec. 21st 17 years ago and he was the best Christmas present I ever received. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and hope your little gal is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.