Tuesday, June 2, 2009

San Diego

This week I am hanging out in San Diego. I am out here for a work trip but I have been trying to do some fun things too. I arrived early Sunday morning expecting to have a sunny day at the beach. Boy was I ever wrong. Someone should have told me that it was June gloom. I didn't come to California alone, a girl I work with came out early too. We decided to try and make the best of the cloudy, cold day and we went to the San Diego Zoo.

The zoo was enormous and it is found in the middle of downtown San Diego. We walked all over the place, and I actually think we got to see every animal in the entire park. I will say, I believe we saw some animals two or three times due to the fact we kept getting lost. They have tons of different creatures but my favorites were definitely the baby tigers and the pandas. The baby tigers were fun to watch, because they were very playful. They were chasing each other all over the place. The pandas were cool, well because they are pandas. I am glad we decided to take the nasty afternoon and turn it into a great day.
Monday, I went to our San Diego office. I had not been to this office yet so it was kind of like starting a new job, walking around getting to know faces to the people I have spoken with on the phone a hundred times. I hate being two hours behind the world. I am up at 4:30, hungry by 10:00 and ready to go home by 3:00 everyday. Last night we went and had sushi for dinner. I was so excited about fresh fish, plus by the time we got there I was so hungry I wanted to eat everything on the menu. The place we went was called Station Sushi and it was right off the beach. So, of course, right after dinner we decided to go down to the beach. This was day two of no sun but the beach is the beach and it made me happy. I was so impressed there were people in the water surfing and the water was cold and so was the temperature outside. Even though there was no sun it was still pretty outside.
Tomorrow is the beginning of our tradeshow downtown. I am excited mainly because we are staying right by the marina. Today shows hope for a sunny evening which I plan of spending watching a high school all star baseball game. Maybe the sun will be out tomorrow too. Crossed Fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.