Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Wall Collage

I mentioned we moved into a new house.  Well new to us.  I am going to be SLOWLY changing rooms around.  We got a new sofa and chairs in our living room about two weeks after moving in.  This was our first of many BIG purchases for the new house.  We actually had not bought new living room furniture…well ever.  I had a couch from college that I loved.  We still have it now in our media room.  It is perfect in there because it is big, fluffy, and reclines.  After we got the new furniture in I quickly noticed how bare and big the wall behind the couch looked. 

First order of business, figure out a solution to the problem.  I have several pictures from vacations that I love and wanted to somehow incorporate them into a collage of sorts.  I started looking on Pinterest and then saw something in a magazine.  IMG_3095[1]

When I saw this picture I just loved the different sizing and how each picture was large.  I also loved how it was themed.  In this case, by groups of people.  I got to looking through pictures from Hawaii and from St. Thomas and other beach vacations.  I love the beach theme and island theme.  It brings a feeling of relaxation that would be perfect for any living space.  *in my opinion.  I got on my trusty website for ordering pictures and frames  www.mpix.com. Love them.  Have ordered tons of stuff from them.  I already had a big picture of Mason above the fireplace and some pictures from our wedding on another wall and wanted to match the frames. 

The toughest part was deciding all the sizes for the pictures I wanted to have.  I got on the website and proceeded to play with masking tape.  I finally decided on this:

IMG_3177[1]I then added to the middle picture an extra three inches for matting and frames.  I had almost forgotten and that could have been bad, but I think it will end up looking great.  Fingers crossed.  IMG_3178[1]I decided on 1-10x20, 2-5x15s, 2-11x14, and 1-8x12.  The tape just shows the print size and now the frames.  I also decided to use these photos.HawaiiFamilyTrip_10-16-11_4028.NEFHawaiiFamilyTrip_10-18-11_4222.NEFHawaiiFamilyTrip_10-19-11_4436.NEFHawaiiFamilyTrip_10-20-11_3481.NEF  DSC_0414This is the big one.DSC_0425

Once I get them in this week, I will post a final of the behind the sofa look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.