Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Round Up

What melts a mama’s heart more…When her big brother comes in town to visit and her little boy just loves him again.  They don’t see each other very often, so I always hope that Mason isn’t afraid of him.  He was instantly interested in his Uncle Eric. He was smiling and giggling and had so much fun with him.  Now he will be back for Christmas and I am sure it will be more of the same. MasonAllen_Nov_11_23_2013_3721

MasonAllen_Nov_11_22_2013_3702

This is Mason in his highchair after eating his Thanksgiving dinner.  He was ready for a nap, just like the rest of us. Our Thanksgiving day was interesting.  About 30 minutes before our food was ready our electricity went out.  Panic.  We ran to my brother’s house to see if his electricity was out. He has a house close to my parents.  His was out too.  So, what do we do, but go to the liquor store.  Luckily, it was back on in an hour and so we ate at 1:00 instead of 12:30.20131128_132844Thanksgiving food is SOOOOO Good!!20131128_133016After lunch, I put Mason down for a nap and then what happens…our electricity goes out again.  What to do…what to do? Play a nice game of family Risk.  We played this a lot when in high school. I played with my brother and his friends and I played with my friends. Fun times!20131128_152022Mason woke up from his nap and so we had to teach him how to play. Teach them young. I should add that I won…hehe! The key is always Australia.20131128_155136Trouble trouble trouble!!! TV is going on the wall. We have been looking for a new media console for our living room since we moved in and that’s why the TV isn’t on the wall yet.20131130_150531This is how Thanksgiving weekend ended. I ran out of diapers and ran to Target. When I walked in with these boxes, Mason went crazy for them. Can’t wait for him to open his toys at Christmas and play with the boxes.20131201_172259

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.