Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easter

Sorry for my absence lately. I am currently on the take it easy and rest instructions from the doctor. I have been having contractions and it might be from overdoing it a little. This last weekend was no different, but now I am done with overdoing it. I am trying to lay in bed and relax.

This weekend, Mason had several Easter Egg hunts. He had one at school, we had a neighborhood one, the Easter bunny came Sunday and then he did one with family. Too many eggs in my opinion. Next year, we may cut out one or two of them. Mason loves candy and now he knows he has some in the house (hidden).

I was curious if Mason would understand Easter egg hunting this year. Last year, he thought we were going to take the eggs from him so he grabbed a hand full and wouldn’t put them down. This year, he totally got it. It was fun to watch his excitement during each hunt.

DSC_0002.NEF DSC_0003.NEF DSC_0004.NEF DSC_0006.NEF Look Mom! Eggs!! He would shake each one before putting them into his basket. DSC_0022.NEF DSC_0024.NEF Our neighborhood hosted an egg hunt on Saturday. My parents were up, which was wonderful, and they took pictures while I enjoyed really watching Mason hunt the eggs. Our neighbor, who Mason loves, helped him find the proper number and ran with him so I didn’t have to chase after him. Our neighbor is such a sweet girl. I cannot wait until she is a little older. I will totally let her babysit Mason and Addison. In fact, we have a great selection of future babysitters in our neighborhood. All the neighbors were shocked to see I was pregnant, but they made my day when they thought I was only 5 months pregnant. Sweet people!DSC_0034.NEF DSC_0037.NEF DSC_0038.NEF DSC_0039.NEF DSC_0040.NEF DSC_0041.NEF Nana, Papaw look at the eggs I got. He just thought this was so fun. DSC_0047 I should add that Mason is wearing his rain boots because Daddy and our friend were placing new mulch on this day and Mason wants to be the biggest helper. Normally I would put him in a super adorable Easter outfit for hunting, but not when we want to play in the dirt. DSC_0050.NEF

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.