Friday, December 11, 2015

When it Rains...It Pours

The last few weeks have been interesting to say the least. Now it is time to vent fill you in a little.

Addison has been sick for 3 weeks now. She started having diarrhea and at first I thought she was teething, since she was chewing on EVERYTHING. It was the week of Thanksgiving, so I wasn't too worried. On Thanksgiving morning, I woke up throwing up and thought maybe Addison really is sick, or maybe I should not have tasted all the food pre-cooked. I called the doctor the following Monday after it had been at least a full week. They said give her ONLY Pedialyte, Bananas, Apple Sauce, and Rice. BRAT for a full 24 hours and see if she improved and if she did then slowly give her milk again. At the 24 hour mark she hadn't poop, so that was improvement from 8-10 a day. As soon as she had the first bottle, it started again. So we switched to Soy and then to Nutramigen and continued to stuff her with stuffing foods. Wednesday of that week we took her to the doctor, who wanted to run a stool sample cultural for several things, and I had to keep her out of school. Michael worked from home the rest of the week to tag team Addison.

At least she is in a Great Mood, as long as you are not changing her diaper.

Then last weekend happened. Besides the continued diarrhea and worst diaper rash I have ever seen...We woke up Sunday and had our normal big breakfast, egg, bacon, biscuits, the works, and then I loaded our dishwasher. I turned it on. I tried to turn it on. It did not work. Luckily for me I have a brother and father who are masters of electricity and I called my Dad first who walked Michael through a few things that did not work. Then we called my brother. Still nothing worked. Sad Face. So I proceeded to order us a new dishwasher. The only positive thing is that my Dad is retired from Whirlpool and my brother still works for them, so we get a discount. After research on consumer reports, we bought a KitchenAid to be delivered Thursday. Thank goodness! I am glad I didn't have to go 10 weeks without one.

AND THEN...

My garage broke. Yes. Yes. Yes. I thought I was going to scream. We just got brand new garage doors at the end of summer. I called the company, who put them in because they are under warranty still and the lady on the phone acted like it was my fault they missed a VERY important bolt when installing the new doors. She said they would hopefully get someone to it the next day. Thursday. Thank you mean lady, hopefully your tech is much nicer.

Thursday, rolled around and Addison's diaper rash was the worst I have ever seen and I decided to call the doctor, who wanted us to come in and make sure she didn't have an infection. Two technicians are supposed to be coming to my house, my work load right now is crazy and this is Michael's busiest time of the year, so I called my Mom and cried. And she dropped everything at work, thank god she is the CEO of a her own business, and drove 1.5 hours to help me. The doctor wanted to do another stool culture, because we still have diarrhea. And gave us 3 prescriptions including a super strong diaper cream. I was starting to feel a little better. The dishwasher arrived before lunch, so Michael worked on installing it during his lunch break. I was so excited, I was going to cook in my oven for the first time since the weekend prior. YAY!! I turned on the oven told Michael I was going to make him lunch while he worked. After a few minutes, I opened to oven door, and it was not hot...it wasn't even warm.

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Now my oven is broken. We think it is just a fuse blown, but still!!!! REALLY!!!

So to sum things up, as of today, I have a "sick" baby, a new dishwasher, a fixed garage, and a broken oven.

Here is my new dishwasher...that I played with last night :-)
via Consumer Reports

via Consumer Reports

At this point, I do realize things will get better, but man it has been a rough week.

1 comment:

  1. Man that really stinks, I was stressed just reading this all! So sorry Addison is having trouble. Any of the cultures showing anything or is it too soon for them to tell? So strange, poor little lady, hope she's on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.