Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wedding Over = Back to Blogging

The wedding is over and it was wonderful. I was the happiest person on June 5th. Lots have been going on since the wedding...

Michael and I went to St. Thomas for our honeymoon. It was a blast, and I will post pictures and do the whole describing of activities. Sorry to disappoint but we didn't do near as much as we normally do on vacation.

We found out Michael's youngest brother, Steven, got married in March. Congrats to him and Katie. We also recently found out we are going to be an Aunt and Uncle. I am very excited to get the opportunity to spoil another little boy or girl. Michael will hate me for it, but that's okay. This will be the first "real" niece or nephew for both of us. I basically already have a niece from my best friend in Hawaii, and I love to send things to Miss Schuylia.

We have been playing softball all summer, co-ed team, and it has been fun. We aren't the best team in the world, but it is summer and it is for fun! We also have been going to the lake a lot and I love the lake. I would love it more if Michael and my parents would let me wakeboard...I don't know why they won't let me (two knee surgeries later and I am ready to do it again). My cousin and her family have come with us a few times and I love that. Aden is at the perfect age, 3, where everything is SUPER cool.

I have been traveling for work a little. Went to a very exciting place last week, Des Moines. Most frustrating travel day I have ever had. Lets see, supposed to travel through Chicago and get home at 11:00 those were the initial plans, but I was delayed coming out of Des Moines which meant missing connection in Chicago. Then it was travel through Dallas, leave earlier and get home at 8:30 (YAY earlier), then the earlier flight was delayed and I missed the connection and got on the 9:00 flight home which still was going to get me home earlier, nope because of my day that flight was also delayed and I ended up getting home at the exact same time I originally was scheduled. Got to love those kind of days. Next week I am going to Chicago, and I will get to see my brother!!! Should be a fun weekend. Hopefully getting there and getting home won't be as weird.

One more update and then I am going to retire. Now that I feel like I have a ton of free time in my life again, I have decided to take up a new hobby. This new hobby is fun for me, but probably won't be to anyone under the age of 65. I have picked up where my grandparents left off, 10 + years ago, doing family genealogy stuff. Yup, I am a nerd! So far, it has been very very fun. I think for me it is a way to connect all over again to my grandparents, even though I don't have any living, I know they enjoyed learning about our family's history. It is nice, I have already gotten to talk to some of my Great Aunts and get information from them. It is always good to see how the Southern Arkansas family is doing. I think I need to make a trip down there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.