Monday, July 26, 2010

Where did the weekend go?

The weekend came and the weekend went away. I feel like I did nothing this weekend, but that's not true. Friday night, Michael and I did yard work. Super fun! Michael's mom also came over for a visit Friday evening. She had some leftover wedding presents for us to open.

Saturday, I drove all over Fayetteville looking for the correct size air filters. Really who knew that could be so difficult. I first went to Wal-Mart mainly because I wanted to get some groceries, and they didn't have either size air filter we needed. I went home dropped off my cold items and went to Lowe's expecting that if Wal-Mart doesn't have them, of course Lowe's will. Nope. Okay, I take that back I needed two different sizes and they had one of them. At this point I am getting mad, and thinking I am going to have to special order myself some air filters. I was also upset because we live in a brand new house and they had to make it difficult. As I was driving back to the house I tried calling Home Depot. Not only did Home Depot have the sizes I needed they had choices! I think Home Depot is going to be my new home improvement store to shop.

Saturday evening we went over to the Eikenberry's house for a house warming party. They were grilling out and having people over on a nice summer evening. We had a ton of fun. It was good food, good company, and fun games. We played bag-o and after all the "grown-ups" left the children stayed up and played battle of the sexes (adult version). All I have to say about that game is that a guy made the game up. The girl ask guy questions were SO easy...any guy who remotely pays attention to E! or listens to his wife would have known the answers. The guy ask girl questions were hard. Every question was about cars. I mean come on people...ask about sports, at least I have some knowledge of sports. Well, I shouldn't complain too much, the girls actually did end up winning or at least we were ahead when we decided to stop.

Sunday, Michael and I went and saw the movie Inception. I really, really liked the movie. I would recommend it to all. If you haven't seen the preview watch it on YouTube. It was one of those movies that some extremely creative person must have written. I am still thinking about the ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.