Thursday, August 18, 2011

Agility Training

I am thinking about getting Gabby an agility training kit.  She needs something new to learn and I have been trying to think of new useful tricks to teach her.  So, I was telling my best friend, Veronica, this last night and she suggested getting Gabby an agility training kit off amazon.  I think it is a great idea. 

What exactly comes in an agility kit?  Well, in the ones I am looking into, they have a tunnel, weave poles, and a high jump.  They have some with a few more items, but I am thinking a simple kit to start would be fun.  We have a fairly big backyard, and we would have plenty of space to setup the course and still enjoy the backyard. 

Everyday Michael and Gabby go into the backyard and play Frisbee.  She can catch them in the air, and watching her is so fun.  We clap and cheer her on, which makes her want to catch them even more.  I need to get a video of her catching the frisbee, because I swear she uses her front legs to grab the frisbee and raise it to her mouth.  So, I know if we have this agility course she will get excited to do things to make us happy.  She is such a people pleaser.  I just need to decide which kit I want to buy and get it here!  Below is a sample picture of a kit, I found on Google.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.