Thursday, October 6, 2011

Completely Random

So, my bestie is going to be having her second child (A BOY!!!) in the next few months.  I am really excited to be an Auntie to yet another Slack baby!!!  She currently has an adorable little girl, who is super energetic and fun.  I see them almost daily on Skype, since they don’t leave near us.  I am her Aunt Jen and she is my cute little niece.  I am getting really excited because I get to go see them on a vacation we have coming up. 

Since she is pregnant and had a kid I find us talking a lot about baby stuff.  I am an idiot when it comes to supplies like strollers and car seats.  Veronica usually has to explain items to me, which is hilarious.  I think I knew more about strollers when I was 16 then I do now.  The other day she told me she found the coolest stroller ever.  It was a crazy double stroller, because she will have two kids.  I thought it was cool.  I showed it to Michael, who didn’t understand.  Oh well.  Maybe someday he will get excited about “cool” strollers.  Maybe I am just excited about it because I know in the not too distant future I will get to see my niece and baby bump nephew!!! 

Michael is excited about seeing everyone too.  We are hoping Skye loves Michael and me.  Last time I visited it took her a day to get used to me.  Every time she looked at me she would cry.  I have been worried she will be scared of us, even though we see each other daily.  Our Skype sessions are always interesting, I see an hour of my friend and maybe 5 minutes of the crazy child who steps into the camera for a quick hi and bouces away.  She is very active, but that’s what makes her so fun! 

I hope they are ready for my presents!!!  I have been collecting things for a few months.  Some for new baby and some for Skye, and some for mommy.  I do this all the time and mail things to her, but for awhile now I have been collecting and keeping them for my suitcase.  I can’t wait to see them and have a vacation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.