Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Bye Bye Dining Room

I did something I thought I would never do this weekend. I decided to convert my dining room into a playroom for all of the millions of toys we have. Two kids and Christmas just made me so overwhelmed by the large toy accumulation. I had to do something. We had toys in Mason's room, our Media Room, our Living room and even our kitchen. It was awful and I was so over it.

The combination of all the toys and the fact that we have used our dining room once in the 2.5 years we have lived here, meant it had to go. Luckily for us, our attic is huge. So the table, chairs and the top part of our china hutch went into the attic. I will give it some time and decide if I want to sell it or hang onto it for when I don't have the millions of toys, which I don't expect to calm down anytime soon.

Before Christmas I took this picture of our dining room in the last time I will probably ever have a cute table setup.

 After! It is toy land. I have been spending some of my free time going through all the old toys and deciding what we should keep and what is going to be donated. I have a giant trash bag almost full of donate toys and this room is still completely full. My biggest worry in converted this room, was my precious hardwood floors. I was worried about spills and toy drops. I wanted a big area rug but the space is 12x14 and all the rugs I found that would be big enough were thousands of dollars. NO Thank You! I went to Sam's Club thinking that I had seen the colorful mats on the floor at one time and sure enough they still had them. They were easy to put together and are about an inch or more thick. Addison already fell off the trampoline and hit her head and it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Both kids have spent a lot of time in here the last few days, which is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.