Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Arkansas Weekend

Last weekend, Michael and I drove town to good ole Arkansas. We left after work on Thursday and drove until we got to his mother's house. Both of us had separate plans for the weekend. Michael had his friend Mark's wedding in Rogers and I had my cousin's baby shower.

Friday I went to Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville and picked this wonderful cake. I love their cakes. They always do a great job with the decorations, plus they never disappoint in taste. I was a little concerned about driving all the way to Fort Smith without hurting the cake and was successful. When I got home I spent the next several hours driving around town taking care of business.

The shower was on Saturday. My cousin's best friend Linsey and I hosted the party at Linsey's new house. It was an adorable house and a perfect location for the party. We had lots of food and decorations. The amount of people that showed up was perfect, not too many or too few. Kelly got tons of wonderful presents or I should say baby girl got tons of presents. This new little baby is going to be very spoiled. I am sad that I will not be around when she is born. Here are some photos from the party.
Food and Gift Tables


My Favorite outfit!






Saturday night I went back up to Fayetteville to hang out with some friends, that I had not seen in quite awhile. Megan and I stayed the night at the Inn at Carnall Hall. It was very nice. It reminded me of living in the dorms, but in a good way. First we all went to dinner at Common Grounds, then went back to the hotel to get dressed up. Thanks to Kim my hair was curly. After being all girlie we went to Dickson, and of course to OTR. Dickson had changed so much since the last time I was down there. They have added three or four new bars, and of course we tried to check out each and every one. The girls and I had a lot of fun and it was really good to hang out with Meg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.