Thursday, March 24, 2011

Traveling and Working

I started my new job last week and this week I am at their central (corporate) office.  I left Northwest Arkansas on Monday morning and arrived later that evening.  It has been a great week, and the Tacoma weather has definitely been in my favor.  It hasn't rained, but it has been a little cool and cloudy most days.  

Wednesday morning I was talking to my Mom on the phone when I opened the curtains in my room to see clear skies and sunshine.  I then told my Mom that I had a view of Mt. Rainier, and it was snow covered.  It was very nice to see the top.  Now this was also on Wednesday, and my Mom says to me, "You just now figured out you have a view of Mt. Rainier from your hotel room, where have you been?"  I just laughed, mainly becuase to see the top of Mt. Rainier is VERY rare.  It is a place almost always covered with clouds.  I actually had not taken the time to look out the window since my arrival on Monday.  Below is the picture I took Wednesday morning.  I haven't seen the top since then.
Mt. Rainier 2011
I like going to the West Coast.  I wake up early here on my own, and I can take my time getting ready.  I have had very informative days.  I have learned a ton of new information and I also learned I retained a lot of information from my readings last week.  I like my team, they are very helpful and very nice.  I feel like my brain is exploding with information, which is a great problem to have.  I am even more excited about working for this company.  I am so ready to be caught up on everything I need to know and start selling.  I thought I would share a little about my new job.  It is a great feeling to be so excited about working for a new company that has so much potential. 

I go home tomorrow and I will be back in Tacoma on Sunday. Should be a short but good weekend with Razorback Baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.